Focus Communications Inc. is an award-winning diversity marketing consultant firm. We pride ourselves on our in-depth understanding of the complex multicultural markets which has allowed us to develop an unparalleled network in the community and implement 360-degree marketing communication programs and strategies founded on critical cultural insight.
We are looking for an experienced independent web developer to join our team.
You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including but not limited to creating easy-to-maintain and efficient WordPress themes and plugins.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating new web sites and/or updating existing web sites for the company and our diverse clients
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring compliance to 2021 AODA standard
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Optimizing web pages for SEO
- Develop an easy-to-use guide for non-technical staff/web admin to maintain, update content, and trouble shoot in-house
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years proven experience, preferably at marketing agencies or corporate marketing division; able to work independently and aid the client services team on insights and ideas
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites; building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Prefer multi-lingual and multi-cultural marketing experience
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- A team player and proactive problem solver
- Pride for work quality, accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
- Competent English communication
- Experience in setting up e-commerce websites an asset